QuickBooks is a useful software that is meant to serve the users with a clear approach of flawless accounting solutions. You can also perform the best practices for bookkeeping and payroll as well. QuickBooks is also known for a user-friendly software but is definitely not completely errorless. You may get some error such as QuickBooks error 15106 that may happen while you are updating QuickBooks software. To fix the issue, you can read this blog with some steps mentioned here. You can also call at QuickBooks customer care
and get the quickest solution.
Possible reasons for QuickBooks error 15106:
QuickBooks needs to be updated from time to time so now due to the issue while updating you may get the error 15106. Apart from this particular reason, you may get the error 15106 due to other reasons as well that are mentioned below:\
● Spy sweeper detects in webroot antivirus program may cause the issue.
● Unable to open the update program.
● You are not logged in as an administrator.
● Damaged update program can also be the issue.
Easy steps to fix the QuickBooks error 15106:
With some easy steps, you can simply fix the QuickBooks error 15106 and resume your work with QuickBooks. Steps are given below that you can follow easily on your own:
Method 1. Open your PC and log in as an administrator, that only can fix the issue. So check if the issue is resolved otherwise you can move further with the next methods.
Method 2. Now if you detect issues with Spy Sweeper, then you need to open task manager and go to the ‘processes’ option. There you need to navigate ‘SpySweeper.exe’ and then follow these methods:
● If it is detected in the processing tab, then you can try to remove or uninstall it. To do so, you have to open ‘add/remove programs’ in the windows and fix the issue.
● If you can’t detect in your computer, then you need to go to C drive and open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooksxx\Components. Now you have to change the name of downloadqb<nm> folder as dwonloadqb<nm>.old and reset the QuickBooks update. This step can also help you to fix the issue.
Method 3. If you are still facing the same issue, then you should turn off the ‘User account control’ temporarily. This step will surely be helpful for windows 7, 8, or vista users.
Method 4. In case the issue still persists, you have to go to selective startup and install QuickBooks again with a clean approach.