If any webpage or website is not working properly or displaying the old content, try force refreshing it. Although, all browsers have a specific refresh button in the toolbar, this button only reloads the page. Sometimes just reloading the page won’t solve the problem. If you’re facing any trouble with web page content, you should try Force-Refresh. Performing this will clear the data of the webpage, including cache and reload the page with the updated information. You just have to press some keys on your keyboard together to perform Force-Refresh. Here are the keyboard shortcuts you should use in your browser to Force-Refresh a page.
How to perform Force-Refresh in Google Chrome
Chrome browser has a refresh button just left of the address bar. If you want to perform force refresh, then use the below instructions.
On Windows PC:
• When you’re on the page and you want to refresh it, press and hold the ‘Ctrl’ button on your keyboard and then click the ‘Refresh’ icon on the screen. Alternatively, while holding the ‘Ctrl’ button, you can press the ‘F5’ button on your keyboard to Force-Refresh the page.
• Make sure you’re on the page you want to refresh.
• Press and hold down the ‘Shift’ button on the keyboard.
• Then click the ‘Refresh’ button of the Chrome. Instead of clicking you can use another keyboard shortcut in Mac, hold down ‘Shift + Command’ button and then press the ‘R’ button.
How to perform Force-Refresh in Mozilla Firefox
On Windows PC:
• Press and hold the ‘Ctrl’ button.
• Keep holding and pressing the ‘F5’ key.
• Alternatively, you can use one more key combination to Force-Refresh a page in Firefox for Windows, hold down ‘Shift + Ctrl’ button then press the ‘R’ button.
The procedure for performing Force-Refresh in Firefox for macOS is exactly the same as in Chrome for Mac. You can the same buttons instruction given above for Google Chrome.
How to perform Force-Refresh in Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge browser is only supported on Windows PC. If you’re using Edge on your computer and encountering trouble with a web page, try force refreshing. Here is how.
• Hold down the ‘Ctrl’ button on your keyboard when you’re on the page you want to refresh.
• Then press the ‘F5’ key.
This will clear the page’s cache and reload it with updated content. You can use the same buttons in Internet Explorer to perform Force-Refresh.
John Perley is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, John has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Source : Chrome, Firefox