Your PlayStation 4 is not just a gaming console. Sony has created it with hundreds of extra capabilities that makes it an entertainment center for all. Apart from playing games, you can do a lot on your PS4 console from video playback, music playing to social media networking. Playing a racing game while listening to a favorite track gives a wonderful feeling. PlayStation 4 has its USB Music Player that allows an individual to enjoy music in the background while gaming. PS4 has also collaborated with Spotify through PlayStation Music. So, users can also stream Spotify music on their console even while gaming. Here is how to play your favorite music while playing games on your PS4.
How to play music on PS4 with USB Music Player
• Download the right file format: PlayStation 4 console supports all standard music files such as MP3, 3GP, MP4 and M4A. You can add your music of these file formats to play on your console. These music files can also be easily downloaded from the web, and you can also convert your music files into these formats. If you’ve already added the music to your folder, then make sure the files are compatible with PS4.
• Add music to your USB flash drive: USB Music Player of PlayStation 4 is capable of recognizing and playing countless music files. But, there isn’t any direct method to add the files right in the console’s hard drive. Therefore, you have to add the music into a USB flash drive first.
• Keep the music you want to listen on your console into a separate folder: Attach your USB flash drive to your Windows or Mac computer or any device to copy the music files into it. Create a new folder in the flash drive and add all music files to it.
• Insert the USB drive into the console’s USB port: After adding all your music files, eject the flash drive safely and insert it into any free USB port of your PlayStation console.
• Open and Play music with USB Music Player: Once your console detects and recognizes the attached USB flash drive, you can start playing music through USB Music Player. Select the ‘USB Music Player’ icon from the Content Area and press ‘X’ key at the right side of the controller to launch it. Your created music folder will now appear, open and start the track you want to listen.
PlayStation 4 is also able to play Spotify music from PlayStation Music. Just set up your Spotify account on your console and control your Spotify music with your Spotify app. Now, enjoy gaming with your favorite music.
David Maxwell is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Source : Playing Games